Population of Muslim in Nepal with facts of Muslim society in Nepal

Kathmandu Masjid for Muslim people in Nepal with list of mosques in Nepal

0 8,142

Population of Muslim in Nepal with facts of Muslim society in Nepal

The Muslim religion between Muslim society in Nepal
Do you know How many Muslim in Nepal? This article dedicated to make clear all facts of Muslim people in Nepal including condition, attack, activities, Muslim actor & actress, foods and festivals, Muslim population growth in Nepal etc.
Nepalese Muslims are also known as Madhesi Islamics. Their ancestors were said to have arrived from Tibet and South Asia during different epochs. Around 97% of the Muslim society in Nepal is said to reside within the Terai region and the remaining 3% found in Kathmandu city and western hills districts of Nepal.

Population of Muslim people in Nepal

The number of Muslims in the country amount to 971,056 or 4.4% of the country’s total population. The districts having huge number of Muslim population includes. Check how many percentage Muslim in Nepal by Muslim majority districts in Nepal.

01: Rautahat – 19.70%
02: Parsa – 14.48%
03: Sarlahi – 07.79%
04: Bara – 13.04%
05: Banke – 18.98%
06: Kapilbastu – 18.15%
07: Saptari – 08.92%
08: Sunsari – 11.53%
09: Siraha 07.46%
10: Mahottari 13.33
11: Rupandehi 08.23
12: Dhanusha 08.36
13: Morang 04.74
14: Jhapa 03.20
15: Nawalparasi 03.75
16: Kathmandu 01.25
17: Bardiya 02.60
18: Chitwan 01.16

History of Muslim in Nepal

Muslims have been living in the country for quite a long time along with the Hindus and do have a much stronger identification. The Terai Muslims similar to that of the Terai communities have strong ties with the larger Muslim population places of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh and receive cultural sustenance. According to Nepali historians, the very first Muslim population settled in Kathmandu city and its outskirts during the reign of King Ratna Malla during the 15th century. Probably, they were Kashmiri traders, followed by Persians, Afghans, including Arabians. The Bajar located in Indra Chok derive its name from Iraqi merchants.

Indian and Afghan Muslims were employed by the Chaubise rajas of Western Nepal to train their Nepali soldiers to know how to use ammunition and firearms. Kashmiri Muslims were invited to Kathmandu by Ratna Malla to profit from carpets, rugs, woolen goods and shawls and traded between Lhasa, Ladakh and Kashmir. The first Muslim batch came along with a well known Kashmiri saint. He had the first mosque constructed here in 1524, named the Kashmiri Taquia.

The Malas had also invited Indian Muslims and provided them with courtier and counselor jobs, who due to rivalry with the Mewars had to return back to India. Muslim specialists on ornaments and perfumes and musicians were also invited from the Mughal Empire. They were also meant to protect the king Ratna Mala from his rebellious relatives as well as senior court officials.

King Prithvi Narayan Shah had also encouraged the Muslim traders to stay back with their families and used the remaining few to spy upon the Malla kings. On his victory, he also allowed the, to construct a mosque, the Nepali Jame Masjid, at Ghantaghar, near Tri-Chandra Campus.

Muslim in Nepal is currently classified into three distinctive groups, namely, the Madhesi, Kashmiris and the Tibetans. Muslim tour in Nepal is suitable trip for Muslim travelers in Nepal to observe major mosques in Nepal enjoying halal food. Consult excellent Muslim tour operator in Nepal to organize lifetime trip. There are many mosque in Kathmandu but Nepali Jame Masjid Kathmandu, Nepal and Kashmiri masjid Kathmandu Nepal are very famous in Nepal.

There are some school and Islamic Organizations in Nepal where you can participate for charity work also. I think this article helps all to now basic information about population of Muslim people in Nepal and fact of Muslim society in Nepal.

Local best Everest base camp trekking tour operator Nepal

Loading...